Legislation, rules and practice directions
SAET legislation and legal documents
SAET is established by the South Australian Employment Tribunal Act 2014 (the SAET Act) and prescribes how certain aspects of SAET is to operate including:
- principles, powers and procedures
- review and appeals
The Treasurer is the responsible Minister for the SAET Act.
Rules of the Tribunal may be made by the President and a Deputy President of the Tribunal after consultation with the Minister.
The current SAET Rules cover a range of issues, including matters of practice and procedure in proceedings before the Tribunal and the manner of presenting documents and information by the parties.
SAET Practice Directions
The President, in consultation with the Deputy Presidents, may issue Practice Directions in relation to the operation of the rules, and may from time to time rescind or amend any such Practice Direction.
The SAET Practice Directions provide guidance on many different types of applications and processes managed in the Tribunal.
- Practice Directions 2015 (Nos. 1 – 27)
- Practice Direction, No 28
- Practice Direction, No 29
- Practice Direction, No 30
- Practice Direction, No 31
- Practice Direction – The witnessing of affidavits during the COVID-19 pandemic (28 April 2020)
- Practice Direction, No 32
The complete library of South Australian legislation is available at www.legislation.sa.gov.au.