Fair work Act
The following applications made under the Fair Work Act seeking approval of an Enterprise Agreement are currently before SAET (Rule 86, SAET Rules).
|Enterprise Agreement name||Case number||Respond by|
Any party seeking to be heard in relation to the above matters must advise SAET in writing setting out the objection or any other consideration with SAET by the ‘Respond by’ date indicated above. A copy of the advice is also to be supplied to the other parties to the Agreement. As soon as practicable after that date SAET will either approve the Agreement or otherwise deal with the matter as it sees fit.
The following applications made under the Fair Work Act regarding award proceedings (new award, or variation or rescission of an existing award) are currently before, or have been determined by, SAET (Rule 88, SAET Rules).
|Award name||Case number|
|All Awards listed in Schedule A of SAET’s orders State Wage Case 2019 (No. 2)  SAET 212.|
See Decision published 27/09/2019 State Wage Case 2019  SAET 203.
Wages and work related allowance increased by 3%; and training wages, supported wage system.
|2139/2019 and 2140/2019.|
|Caretakers and Cleaners Award – S99 – Review of Award – Various clauses varied. New Cl.7.9 Family and Domestic Violence Leave. Whole award re-issued.|
|Health Recreation and Fitness Award – S99 – Review of Award – Various clauses varied. New Cl 7.7 Leave to deal with family and domestic violence. Whole award re-issued. |
|Local Government (Health Services) Award – S99 – Review of Award – Various clauses varied. New Cl. 7.8 Leave to deal with family and domestic violence. |
Whole award re-issued. Opdate 06/11/2019.
|Local Government Tourism, Hospitality and Retail Award – S99 – Review of Award – Award varied. Cl. 1.1 Title changed FROM Local Government Cafes, Restaurants and Snack Bars Award TO Local Government Tourism, Hospitality and Retail Award, Cl 1.2 Arrangement, Cl 1.3 Scope and Parties Bound, Cl 1.4 Definitions, CL. 1.6 Commencement Date Of Award And Period Of Operation, Cl 4.2 Employment Categories, Cl 6.5 Saturdays and Sundays, New Cl 7.10 Leave to Deal with Family and Domestic Violence, Sch. 1 Wages and Classification Definitions, Sch. 3 Training Wage Arrangements. Opdate 06/11/2019.||505/2019|
|Local Government Employees Award – S99 – Review of Award – Various clauses varied. New Cl Cl 7.10 Leave to deal with Family and Domestic Violence. Whole award re-issued. Opdate 06/11/2019.||496/2019|
|South Australian Municipal Salaried Officers Award – S99 – Review of Award – Award varied. Cl. 1.2 Arrangement; Cl. 1.4 Definitions; Cl. 1.6 Scope and Parties Bound; new Cl. 2.6 Right of Entry; Cl. 5.1 Ordinary Hours of Work; Cl. 6.5 Parental Leave; new Cl. 6.10 Leave to deal with Family and Domestic Violence; Cl 7.4 Superannuation. Opdate 06/11/2019.||495/2019|
Triennial Review of Awards: Section 99 Fair Work Act 1994 (SA)
Background – Initial Reviews
On 18 February 2019, the South Australian Employment Tribunal (‘SAET’) placed notices on this website and in the Advertiser newspaper in relation to the review of nine industrial awards. The reviews were initiated at the request of representatives from the local government sector, and pertained to the undermentioned awards. The submissions and notices in relation the review of these nine awards can be accessed below:
On 11 July 2019, the Tribunal notified interested parties of its intention to conduct a review of the remaining South Australian industrial awards. They are outlined below:
- Aboriginal Education Workers (DECS) Award
- Adelaide Cemeteries Authority Officers Award
- Cemetery Employees (SA Authorities) Award
- Central Linen Employees Award
- Chauffeurs (Ministerial) Public Service Award
- Clothing Trades Award
- Early Childhood Worker Award
- Firefighting Industry Employees (South Australian Metropolitan Fire Services) Award 2007
- Government Stores Employees Interim Award
- Hotels – Adelaide Entertainment Corporation and Staff Employed Under the Parliament (Joint Services) Act 1985 – Award
- Intellectual Disability Services Award
- Live Theatre and Concert (Adelaide Festival Centre Trust) Award
- Medical Scientists (South Australian Public Sector) Award
- Nurses (South Australian Public Sector Award) 2002
- Part-time Interpreters or Translators (Public Services) (SA) Award
- Performing Arts Centre (Adelaide Festival Centre Trust) Award
- Personal Assistants to Members of the Parliament of South Australia
- Police Officers Award
- Pre-school (Kindergarten) Teaching Staff Award
- Public Service (Recreation Leave Loading) Award
- Return to Work SA Award 2015
- SA Public Sector and Local Government Entities Clerks Award
- SA Public Sector Cafes and Restaurants Adelaide Convention Centre Award
- SA Public Sector Live Performance Award
- SA Public Sector Plumbers and Gasfitters Award
- SA Public Sector Salaried Employees Interim Award
- School Services Officers (Government Schools) Award
- South Australia Government Civil Construction and Maintenance Award
- South Australian Ambulance Service Award
- South Australian Government Building Trades Award
- South Australian Government Departments and Instrumentalities (Metal Trades) Award 2007
- South Australian Government Health etc. Ancillary Employees Award
- South Australian Government Printing Interim Award
- South Australian Government Services Award
- South Australian Government Transport Workers Award 1994
- South Australian Medical Officers Award
- South Australian Public Sector Clerks Adelaide Entertainments Corporation Award
- TAFE (Educational Staff) Interim Award
- TAFE SA Education Staff Arbitrated Enterprise Bargaining Award 2010
- Teacher (DECS) Award
The time for making written submissions in relation to the review of the above awards has been extended until the deadline of COB, Friday 18 October 2019. If you would like to make written submissions, you may lodge them via email at email@example.com.
You can find notices and orders relating to the review of these awards below:
Notice of Review
Extension of Time Notice
Alteration to rules of an association
The following applications made under the Fair Work Act seeking an addition or alteration to the rules of an association are currently before SAET (Rule 94, SAET Rules).
|Association name||Case number||Respond by|
The above mentioned association/s has/have lodged an application to alter its Rules. The Association is registered under the Fair Work Act 1994. Either SAET has decided to publish notice of the alteration pursuant to SAET Rule 94(2), or the alterations are of a kind that could affect the composition of the membership of the association. Objections may be made as if the application were for registration of a new association. The application may be inspected free of charge at SAET, level 6, Riverside Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide. Any person wishing to object may do so by lodging a notice of objection in the approved form with SAET by the ‘Respond by’ date, and serving a copy of the notice of objection on the applicant association.