What is Microsoft Teams (MS Teams)?
Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) is the application used by SAET for conducting conferences and hearings by video.
You can attend a MS Teams conference or hearing by using either:
- An up-to-date internet browser (e.g. Edge, Chrome, Firefox); or
- A desktop application (available by free download).
SAET will email a link to join the video conference
If you have received a notice of a conference or hearing that is to be held using MS Teams, SAET will send a further email (a meeting invitation) with a link to join the conference at the scheduled time.
You must ensure that SAET has your current email address and contact details.
If you are coordinating other people (e.g. your represented party or a colleague) to attend the conference or hearing, you are responsible for forwarding them the link to join the meeting.
Requirements for using MS Teams in a SAET conference or hearing
Everyone who is going to participate in a MS Teams conference or hearing must be using a device (e.g. computer, tablet or smart phone):
- With good internet connection
- With an up-to-date internet browser
- With a microphone
- With a video camera (preferable)
- Situated in a place that provides appropriate security and privacy to conduct a conversation and in some cases display documents relating to private and sensitive matters
If you are scheduled to attend a conference or hearing using MS Teams and you cannot meet these requirements, please contact SAET to discuss alternative arrangements.
Using MS Teams – Instructions
Refer to Using Microsoft Teams in SAET for instructions on how to use MS Teams in SAET conferences and hearings.
Further assistance using MS Teams in SAET
If you would like assistance to test your equipment, please contact the SAET registry as early as possible prior to your conference or hearing.