Application to expedite decision

If you are a worker or employer who believes there has been undue delay in deciding a workers compensation claim, you can apply to SAET for the decision to be expedited.

What do I need to do?

To apply to SAET to expedite a decision, you should complete and lodge an application form.

Your form should be accompanied by a copy of any relevant documents, including the claim for compensation, any correspondence about the original claim and any information that supports the belief that there has been undue delay in making a decision.

What can I expect?

Your application will be referred to a SAET Commissioner within two days of filing the application with the registry.

It will be listed for hearing within 21 days of filing it, unless a SAET member decides otherwise.

The Commissioner may ask you for more information to understand and support the process, and will provide this information to the other party before the hearing.


Please obtain the relevant form(s) via the SAET Forms page.

Is there a cost?


Where can I find more information?

Please contact the SAET Registry if you have further questions.