SAET can determine appeals related to decisions in the public school system about the employment or the disciplining of a teacher, or about appointments at TAFE SA.
In relation to public school teachers, under the Education and Children’s Services Act 2019 SAET can review:
- decisions regarding applications by teachers for reclassification
- a determination to retrench
- a determination to transfer, reclassify, grant leave or retire
- a determination or decision to discipline
- a decision on an application for reclassification
- a recommendation that an applicant be promoted
- a decision where a complaint has been made.
In relation to TAFE SA employees, under the Technical and Further Education Act 1975 / TAFE SA Regulations 2012SAET can review termination, retrenchment, transfer or retirement decisions.
Who can apply?
If you have a case that falls into any of these categories, you may wish to apply for a SAET review.
What do I need to do?
To have SAET review a decision, you should complete the relevant Department for Education or TAFE SA form.
Your application for a review must be received by SAET within 14 days of your learning about the decision in your case (SAET may on occasion grant an extension following an examination of your case).
The application must be accompanied by a written submission in which you explain the reasons for your application.
Please obtain the relevant form(s) via the SAET Forms page.
Is there a cost?
Where can I find more information?
You may wish to contact your union or a lawyer for assistance if you have further questions.
You can contact the SAET Registry if you have questions about the process.