Work health and safety

There are several different applications that can be made to SAET with regard to Work Health and Safety issues.

These include an application for disqualification of a health and safety rep, and applications for review with regard to:

  • failure to commence negotiations
  • training of a health and safety representative
  • a health and safety committee
  • a provisional improvement notice
  • forfeiture of thing
  • return of seized things
  • an improvement notice
  • an extension of time for compliance with improvement notice
  • the issue of a prohibition notice
  • the issue of a non-disturbance notice
  • the issue of subsequent notice
  • a decision of a regulator to vary or cancel notice.

What do I need to do?

If you wish to pursue an application with regard to a work health and safety matter you will need to lodge an application form.  You may wish to seek further information from SafeWork SA.

What forms are relevant?

  • A50 – Application for reviewable decision (Work health and safety)
  • A52 – Application to disqualify a representative (Work health and safety)

These can be downloaded from the forms page.